This recipe was taken directly from German blogger German Bianca Zapatka’s website. https://biancazapatka.com/en/ she has an amazing website with tons of vegan and gluten free options. This recipe is for vegan almond pancakes with raspberry sauce.
- 1 ripe banana
- about 125ml (plantbased) milk
- 40gr almond flour
- 60gr spelled flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of vanilla and cinnamon
- Oil for frying
- almond cream (or another spread of choice)
- Mash the banana with a fork and blend with the plant milk.
- Mix spelled flour, almond flour, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon separately first and then add to the milk mixture.
- Stir everything until the dough is creamy and smooth.
- Heat up oil in a large pan on a medium heat.
- Now add about 1-2 tbsp of dough per pancake to the pan and bake for about 2-3 minutes.
- As soon as bubbles come to the surface, flip the pancakes and bake for about more 2-3 minutes.
- Then spread the pancakes with almond cream and hot pureed raspberries and make a stack.
- Serve the “pancake tower” with fresh raspberries, pomegranate, blackberries and granola or other toppings of your choice and enjoy! 🙂