ABOUT DR. MARK
A question I am asked often is how I got into naturopathic medicine. My journey to natural medicine started at an early age. Aside from a personal health history that brought me to natural medicine I've also always just had a passion for natural health and wellness. I love the promise of true healing, of getting to the root cause of dysfunction and disease and extending youthful vitality into old age.
I am originally from Brooklyn, NY and grew up in a family of medical doctors. I attended undergrad at Cornell University in Ithaca NY, where I was a pre-veterinary medical student and majored in Applied Economics and Management with a focus in Entrepreneurship. I was initially on track to attend veterinary school but decided not to attend after my health began to fail. I was primarily suffering from severe allergies, anxiety and chronic digestive issues.
I was treated by Dr. Thomas Szulc, a world-renowned doctor in the Integrative Medicine field and a close family friend. Dr Szulc's treatment regiment included: IV chelation, homeopathy, nutrition and botanical medicine for heavy metal toxicity. I was blown away by the power and effectiveness of the natural medicine modalities he was using.
I decided to forgo veterinary school and pursue a career in Natural medicine instead. Dr. Szulc and his son Caspar asked me to join them in forming Innovative Medicine LLC, a holistic health and marketing company, in an effort to promote and disseminate awareness about European biological and Natural medicine modalities. After serving as Chief Operating Officer of Innovative Medicine for 7 years I decided to return to school to pursue a clinical doctoral degree in Naturopathic Medicine and a masters in Acupuncture at The National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon. I spent 5 years in Portland studying both allopathic and western medical interventions as well as natural and holistic approaches to health and wellness.
While at school I spent 6 months on an intensive Cardiology and Pulmonary medicine internship at the Center of Natural Medicine with Dr. Martin Milner. I also spent 6 months interning with Dr. Amy Bader a world expert in detoxification, drainage and constitutional homeopathy. During my studies I was fortunate enough to win a North America wide student case writing scholarship with NDNR and had my case paper on paroxysmal kinesigenic dyskinesia published in the journal. I also won the Paul C. Bragg Naturopathic student scholarship contest for my essay on the importance of diet and nutrition in a holistic health care practice.
I am fluent in Polish, Russian and Spanish. On my free time I enjoy drawing, traveling, hiking, historical fiction, cooking, animals and NYTimes crossword puzzles.
- Board Certified and Licensed Naturopathic Doctor – Licensed by the state of California
- Member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Member of the California Naturopathic Doctors Association
- Member of the American Academy of Procedural Medicine
- Alumni of the National College of Natural Medicine – Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine Program
- Alumni of the National College of Natural Medicine – Masters of Acupuncture
- Co-Founder of Innovative Medicine LLC
- Iwanicki, Mark ND."Spagyrics-New Type of Medicine". Posted April 3rd, 2017 In Autoimmune/Allergy Medicine, NDNR.
- Fuller, Leslie ND, Iwanicki, Mark ND."Paroxysmal Kinesigenic Dyskinesia: Successful Treatment Using IV Nutrients". Posted February 9, 2016 In Anxiety/Depression/Mental Health, Mind/Body, Neurology, NDNR.